Setting up your e-textbooks for the first time? Follow these steps carefully and you should be all set within just a few minutes.
Step 1: Create a Bookshelf Account
- Go to Week 1 Assignment page (accessible from the bottom of the home page).
- Click the link(s) provided to download each textbook. Upon clicking one of the book download links, you will be prompted to create your VitalSource E-book account.
- When prompted, click 'Load "E-Textbook" in a new window'
- You'll then be prompted to create your Bookshelf (VitalSource) account. Follow all instructions on screen to proceed. (Please make sure you enter your Nightingale Email account.)
- Once you have created your account, return to the Week 1 Assignment page to download the remaining books.
Step 2: Access and Enjoy
Once you have added the necessary e-textbooks to your Bookshelf, you may now access them at any time by simply clicking the Bookshelf® button on the left hand side navigation bar in most courses.
Having trouble? Bookshelf's support page is a great self help resource. In addition, you may reach out to a Bookshelf/VitalSource support representative at anytime if you are still having complications, or run into trouble later down the road.