1) Navigate to nightingale.remoteproctor.com and click Download Software. If you'd like to see a video tutorial on how to use RPnow, download the software, and take your test, you can do so by clicking Play Video.
2) On the next page pick the Course in the first box, and the exam in the second box. You will then be asked to enter some identifying information. This will help in the event that you run into difficulties. If you have a question about which course or exam you need to pick, please reach out to your instructor or to firstname.lastname@example.org. In this example we will be taking the PSY201 Remote Proctor Practice Quiz.
3) Check for banned processes. This is the step where you need to close all browsers, communication applications, office applications, et cetera. You can use the Task Manager to shut down processes that are on the list of banned processes.
4) After you have closed all of the processes you will need to show an ID to your webcam, do a room scan with your laptop, and photograph your face.
5) You will be taken to the Canvas login screen. Log into Canvas, navigate to your course, select your quiz and load it. The quiz will be password protected. Select the green button at the top of the page to insert the exam password. It will say "Insert Exam Access Code".
You are now free to take your exam. When you complete the exam exit the proctor program.