Please carefully review the following information:
1. HESI Exam administration:
- HESI exams are proctored live & remotely by Examity proctoring services.
- If this is your first time with Examity, you will receive a registration email from firstname.lastname@example.org to your Nightingale email account, once the exam is setup.
- Please follow the instructions in the email to create an exclusive HESI-only account for Examity. This is where you will register for your test time. Please register ahead of time. Fees apply to on-demand testing.
- If this is not your first time taking a HESI exam with Examity, please login to your account here to schedule your exam: https://Prod.examity.com/HESI
2. Examity email/Exam Scheduling Process
- Please review the sample email and detailed instructions below to register for your HESI exam.
- Navigate to: https://Prod.examity.com/HESI
- Enter your Username and Temporary Password, which can be found in the “DoNotReply” email above
- Create a new password
- Click “My Profile”, located at the top left of the page
- Fill out all the required fields to complete your profile
- Click “Schedule Exam”
- Please select Marisha Grimley as the instructor
- The course name will be “Summer Semester 2018”
- Choose the exam name that pertains to your course and level
- Version 1 (V1) can be registered for Aug 9th-11th
- If you need to reach Examity technical support:
• Call 855-Examity (855-392-6489), Option 1
We HIGHLY recommend scheduling BEFORE the last day and during business hours 9am-5pm MT. If you are not able to take your exam before it's closing time, even if it's due to technical issues, you will have to take Version 2 instead. The HESI exam is highly customized, and specialized exam, it won't be possible to keep the exam open any longer than it's designated close date as that would mean keeping learners from receiving their remediation. Please allow yourself plenty of wiggle room as far as time goes in case you run into technical issues.
3. Combine Evolve accounts:
- If you have taken an entrance HESI exam, associated with your personal email, you will need to merge this account with an account associated with your Nightingale email. This can be accomplished by contacting Evolve support and requesting the merge by one of the following methods:
a. Phone: 800 222 9570
b. Chat: https://service.elsevier.com/app/chat/chat_launch/supporthub/evolve/
c. Email: https://service.elsevier.com/app/contact/supporthub/evolve/
- Ensure that your Evolve account has HESI student access. See instruction HERE!
- This step is important to ensure quick delivery of your HESI remediation packete!
4. Testing Rules:
- Learners may not have any other people in room.
- Learners must take their exam at a clear table or desk. No beds, sofas, Barcaloungers or recliners.
- Learners must show the complete surface of table/area that they are taking test on during room scan. A complete room scan must be done before starting the exam.
- Pencil/pen, basic calculator, and scratch paper are allowed, however; the learner must destroy the scratch paper and discard it in view of the camera.
- The two pieces of blank paper must be shown to the camera front and back before starting the exam.
- Page turning of scratch paper should not be heard during the exam.
- No dictionaries allowed.
- No talking during the examination period.
- No using your iPhone/tablet as a calculator.
- No leaving room during the examination period.
- Exam recordings will be reviewed.
- If any of these rules are broken, you will receive a zero on the exam.
- Phones can be at arms length away so HESI or Examity may contact learner if there are issues.
- No leaving room during the examination period except for short bathroom breaks.
5. Exam Retake:
- You will be eligible to take version 2 (V2) of the HESI exam if you score below an 800 score.
- V2 testing will occur Aug 14-16
6. How to Access Remediation