What is it?
Shadow Health is a leading-edge technology centered on conversation-based learning across a cast of virtual patients. Shadow Health's virtual simulation tool bridges the didactic with practice.
Preview Shadow Health: HERE (Links to an external site.)
The score you earn is the "Student Performance Index" or SPI. This is a percentage that will transfer into your Canvas gradebook. When you complete a Shadow Health assignment, you will upload a pdf copy of your Lab Pass into the correct location in Canvas. Your Evaluator will transfer your SPI score from your Lab Pass into your Canvas gradebook. If you don't complete the Shadow Health assignment during your scheduled virtual ELA you will be given 48 hours from the time your ELA ends to get the assignment completed. After 48 hours any missing or late assignment's will be given a score of 0. You are still responsible for turning in all assignments to be able to pass the course. The score of 0 will remain for any late work turned in.
- Each Shadow Health Learning Module is worth 10 points.
- You should wait to enter the activity until your scheduled EL activity.
- You must score 80% or higher on each Shadow Health Learning module, in order to demonstrate competency.
- You are allowed 2 attempts to achieve 80% or higher.
- If 80% or higher is not achieved after the 2nd attempt, please reach out to the course faculty for remediation instructions.