** 205 will not use this platform this semester.
What is it?
Swift River virtual clinical software is a virtual hospital for immersive learning experiences.
Swift River Clinicals are based on the educational learning theory of Kiili’s Experiential Gaming Model and the Experiential Learning Model developed by David Kolb.
During your experience, you will:
- Be presented with a patient(s), including symptoms, a brief medical history, and vital signs
- Review all relevant information
- Use clinical judgement to determine actions to be taken (prioritization, delegation, and assignment)
- Receive immediate feedback on the accuracy and appropriateness of your decisions
- Continue the process loop
The following instructions will walk you through the process of creating an account with Swift River Online Learning, and accessing your student dashboard. If you run into any problems, please contact Swift River at email@example.com.
- Open a web browser and go to https://learn.swiftriveronline.com (Links to an external site.). This will open up a sign-in page. If you already have an account, skip to step 8.
- Click the “Create an Account” button. Enter the basic information for your account.
- Complete the account form, then click the “Submit” button. You will then see a confirmation page.
- To complete your account registration, open the “Welcome to Swift River” message that was sent to your email address. The email should arrive within a couple of minutes. If you do not receive this email, please check your “Spam” or “Junk” folders.
- Click the “Confirm email” link in the email message. This will take you to a page where you create the password for your account.
- Enter and confirm your password. Note the password requirements listed on the page.
- Click “Submit” on the form to continue, which will open up a confirmation page.
- Click the “Sign in to your account” button to return to the sign-in page.
- Enter your email and password, then click the “Sign in” button. This will take you to your student dashboard.
- Enter your course access code into the “Enter course code”
form, then click the “Submit” button.